Tuesday, June 20, 2017

First Father's Day

Doug counts his first Father's day as last year when baby August was still in the belly, but this one was "extra real" :)
We celebrated by taking August to the zoo for the first time.
butterflies in the butterfly house
peacock on the loose!
water fountain outside the penguinarium.
August probably won't remember, but Doug and I had fun. They have a new penguinarium which was great, the polar bears were play fighting in the tunnel right above our heads, there was a younger chimp that was running around slapping the other chimps butts and running away and doing cartwheels, it was really fun to see, normally they're just sitting on logs!
I also remember the last time being at the zoo with Doug, and I was in the midst of trying to get pregnant and it not happening and just seeing all the pregnant women and children everywhere. I remember tearing up and Doug holding me and saying it would happen for us. And it did. So it was neat to be back in the same spot, and a totally different spot in life. I'm so thankful for the privilege of being a mother.
We went out for mediterranean dinner and got a redbox (The Space Between Us- meh).
August went all out and used mommy's credit cash back to buy daddy a new grill :)
The next day was Sunday and we went to church, then met Doug's parents for lunch. And went over to their house for a bit. At one point someone was talking and Doug tells me "Anne, get up and go outside now." I was confused, and he said there was a bat up on the ceiling! So August and I went to another room while he and his parents corralled the bat and ended up removing it. Our hero!
In the evening my parents came over, we went out for dinner, and they came back to look at our Hawaii pics.
Doug and I are so lucky to both have such wonderful fathers, and my August and I are so lucky and blessed to have Doug in our lives! I love seeing Doug grow in his role as August's daddy and am so proud of him.

1 comment: