Wednesday, July 5, 2017

4th of July

The fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. I love the day off (when not working of course) to spend time with friends and family, I love the grilling, I love the festiveness and the fireworks, and I love being on a lake when possible. This year it was possible :)
We spent a nice little family morning together and then in the afternoon headed over to our friend Jeannie's. We ate wonderful things and went out on their boat. I got in my annual wakeboarding :). Some other friends joined us and we all hung out, talked, and went out on the pontoon in the evening to see some fireworks. Mr. August is unfortunately not a fireworks fan, that and combined with it being nearly 10 o'clock he was a little crybaby and we had our friends take us back to the house so we could go home. But all in all a very nice fourth.
The daily Bible verse my mom sent me yesterday was: "Romans 8:1-2: Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death." It was neat to think of that yesterday as we celebrated our country's freedom and to also celebrate that through Jesus's death and resurrection, we have freedom from sin.
God bless America, let freedom ring!

No comments:

Post a Comment