Thursday, May 16, 2013

dating class, oh, I mean basketball class

So I'm 2 for 2 now with my basketball class.
Last night's guy:
To set the stage, world's briefest conversation about motorcycles, then
Guy: You like motorcycles?
Me: Yes.
Guy: I'd love to take you for a ride on my Harley next week
Me: I'm more of a Kawasaki kind of girl
Guy: Wow, wow.
.....
Guy: Well think about it and tell me next week.
Me: *thinking* that gives me one week to figure out how to say no
The problem is battling my motorcycle ride lust vs. not wanting to give mixed messages and not wanting to have another 6 weeks of awkwardness at class. I need to have my friend Jill in my head all the time helping me 1) figure out what people are really trying to say/ask me and 2) how to respond without being a complete jerk!!

2 comments:

  1. Haha we are so alike! I was always so awkward in situations like that!

    It was not "Made to Crave" but I heard that was amazing! I should read that! This is just called "Women Food and God: An Unexpected Path to Almost Everything"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joel's Guy Opinion:
    I personally guarantee that if he gives you a ride on his motorcycle, he will think you are interested or he has scored some points and will up the ante for what he asks you next. Sorry to disappoint but there are no asexual men out there who want to give you a ride just cause they also enjoy the wind in their hair like you do.

    Not saying you couldn't meet a great guy that is perfect in every way AND has a motorcycle, but if that is what's drawing you then just turn down the ride. Not sure how to do so nicely, there really is no way. That's one area I never envied women in...

    ReplyDelete