Monday, May 13, 2013

Church yesterday

Yesterday at church the worship band played this new song Oceans (Where Feet May Fail). Oh my gosh. Amazing. Some of the words really stuck out to me "You've never failed me- and you won't start now," "Let me walk upon the waters wherever you would call me," "Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander". I already feel like God really speaks to me through worship and the words of songs like this really hit home. Of course I thought about this past year and I just kept thinking about how good God has been to me. Those words are so true. So of course I'm crying and sniffling by the end of the song, and it's like just make it to the car!
The sermon too was on miracles and the pastor talked about how we have to trust that God is good and His plans are good, even if we have to climb the mountain instead of the mountain being moved. He knows the race marked out before me, and He will help my feet not to fail. (Heb.12:1)
For me, God didn't move the mountain. He loves Andrew so much that He allowed him to make his own choice, God would not overstep Andrew's will. And although that meant the end for our marriage, I love that about God.
But God also didn't leave me there, He gave me the ability to climb over the mountain, He carried me. He never failed me. He called me into deeper waters than my feet would ever have wandered by myself. Where I had been 'content' in my relationship with God, being divorced brought me to a place of absolute brokenness, hurt, fear, rejection- a place of needing God more than anything else. My faith has been made stronger and I'm so thankful for the good that God has brought out of the brokenness.
The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands. Psalm 138:8

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, you are so wise. I so admire your maturity and your faith in God.

    I'm excited you are done with school! Text me some dates that work for you and we should plan a weekend you (and Jill is welcome too!) to come spend the weekend with me!

    ReplyDelete