Monday, March 29, 2021

recent reads

 This was the latest book club read. 


I feel like it's literally been years since I've read something really great. I always finish the book because I'm just that kind of person, but at the end, I'm always just kinda like "meh." Same story with this one. Haven't read anything really amazing since the Mark of the Lion series. 

Doug got me this cookbook from the library.


So far I made pancakes (not as good at my dad's); a cornbread spoonbread that was tasty, but I feel like only I'm eating it; and tonight I made sour cream chicken enchiladas which were ok but had waaaaay too much sauce. Also I'm noticing all her meals have like cups of butter, sour cream, or cheese. It's like does she eat this food and stay a size 4?!?

I haven't uploaded any pics from my phone lately so I guess that's the end of the blog entry today :)


2 comments:

  1. I've been wondering how her cookbook was! But sounds more like Paula Deen and her butter- laden make-Liz- fatter recipes so maybe I'll avoid 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup pretty much! I was glad I looked at it through a library book and not purchased.

      Delete