Monday, May 7, 2018

family day

We had a wonderful family day on Friday because I had to work this last weekend. Started the morning with cinnamon rolls. I had prepped them the day before:
my little 'helper' kept me company by playing nicely in the kitchen
This was them after they rose. I put them in the fridge because they were for the next day.
After baking and icing.
Soooo... I'm not sure what happened, but they looked a lot different than the recipe girl's rolls:
It might be because my flour was actually white (wheat) flour when it probably was supposed to be all-purpose. And I'm wondering if them sitting in the fridge overnight messed anything up? But really, who wants to wake up an hour earlier to make cinnamon rolls for breakfast?! And even my icing doesn't look white or good either, and that was made exactly the same. So who knows. They tasted ok, but "ok" is kind of a bummer when you were hoping for cinnabun deliciousness and you spent an hour making mediocre rolls.
Oh well, they certainly did not stop us from having a good day.
And August loved his first cinnamon roll.
We played with August, worked on our deck project, cut dead branches off a tree in our yard, went to the park and played with him on the jungle gym.
- See those adorable x-wing star wars pants! May the Fourth! :) -
Went to Menards for deck supplies. And when we came home watched The Greatest Showman. We had to go to 4 redboxes to get it, pretty popular, but neither of us really liked it. Felt it was kinda blah, and I would've preferred a more documentary-ish truth of the real story of the Barnum & Bailey circus.
So anyway, a nice family day, and then 2 days of work for me. Oh how I wish someday to not have to work weekends. Yes, it's only every 3rd- I just always seem to miss something important. This weekend was Liz's son Ben's 3rd birthday, and the funeral service for Doug's aunt. Also this really fun door-to-door music festival in Ann Arbor was this weekend too, we've been there 2 years in a row. Plus I just like to be home on Sundays for church and family time. Maybe someday.
Home with August today, enjoying time with him after seeing him only 30 mins after my work day/before his bedtime. We are done breastfeeding (good job boobs!!) so I don't wake him up anymore before I go to work, and I miss him.
Spring has come and it is so beautiful.
I love our yard in the spring.
September kitty will not stay indoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment