Monday, April 16, 2018

crafts

I made a quilt for my coming-soon new baby niece!
fabric in grays, yellows, and purples
washed, dried, and cut into strips
sewed all the strips together
backed it with a plain light yellow/cream sheet with the quilting sandwiched between
sewed a purple binding all around the edge and I'm done! Also made a little matching headband from the pretty purple floral fabric.
Mailed it off to my sister-in-law. And here are the big sisters sitting on it waiting for baby sister :)
Project number 2: burp cloths for my friend Kim's new baby girl
cute lamb and arrows fabric, and a towel for the backing
4 burp cloths, easy!
The last project I did stemmed from seeing this super cute irresistible fabric I found when I was looking for fabric for the burp cloths. I was wishing I could make something other than blankets with cute fabric, but all the clothes attempts I'd tried before had always been a little wonky. August was also growing too long for his sleepsacks, so I thought I would give making a bigger one a try
I don't know why, but I love this hot air balloon fabric so much. Got a little more than a yard and a yellow zipper
traced the measurements off a sleepsack that did fit him, and pinned up the edges and pinned the zipper in place. Then sewed it all.
Ta-da! Took a little more than an hour but was less than $10, which is cheaper than new, but not as cheap as getting lucky at the Salvation Army. Although it is getting harder to find as nice stuff as he gets bigger. Anyway, it's a flannel so its a perfect lighter layer for spring/summer, but he's still in the fleece one now.
I was really proud of myself.

1 comment:

  1. I really love the quilt you made for our newest baby girl... thanks for such a thoughtful gift :-) It's really a great skill.

    ReplyDelete