Wednesday, November 29, 2017

everyday life

Feeling busy around here. I have 2 classes left to go in my nursing program and am just feeling busy with taking care of August, staying on top of homework, and the constant stream of laundry, house cleaning, and meals. I used to love to make dinner. Now I never know what to make. I think I wouldn't mind it still as much if I wasn't either 1) having to use my precious 'August is taking an afternoon nap and I have a bit of alone-time and I'd love to go read or watch tv' but instead I have to make dinner or 2) I wasn't constantly interrupted because he isn't napping, and won't play alone for 30 minutes without crying for me not being right there with him. But that is where we're at right now. We are eating more frozen pizzas than I'd like to admit.
Otherwise he remains a joy.
Yesterday was so sunny and gorgeous. We took a walk and he played in the leaves.
I have like 5 videos of him grabbing handful after handful of leaves and tossing them around. So cute!
Earlier this week we visited our friends Miralie and Micah.
Miralie just turned 2, I think Micah was in bed by the time I was taking pics.
Over the weekend we went over to visit Liz settled in at home with the new baby, and later she sent me this picture of Daniel modeling the fox hat I crocheted for him.
Crochet patterns are so hard to follow, that's a newborn size and it already is kinda small. Bummer!
We had a really nice Thanksgiving and were able to celebrate three times. My parents were going to be out of the state so we celebrated early with them, then on actual Thanksgiving we went and had dinner with my aunt and uncle who are vegetarians and fabulous cooks, and the day after we went and had another dinner with Doug's parents. Lucky us! I made this pumpkin cobbler two times, and it was very tasty.
Finally in a bit of gross news, I had been smelling a bad smell in the other living room where August has his toys and everything set up. I couldn't tell if it was spit up or what kind of smell. A couple days later I realized it was a "dead thing" smell. So when Doug came home we started looking around. First I looked behind the bookcase, nothing. Then Doug looked under the bookcase and said "there's a dead mouse under there." I thought he was teasing me but no...
Indeed there was a dead mouse under the bookcase. It remains unclear if the cat got him and then he crawled away to die? Regardless. SO GROSS. And absolutely disgusts me my son was playing FOR DAYS a mere foot away from a dead mouse. Yuck. I'm not sure where to go from here. We have a house from the 60s, and Doug has found mice in the crawl space and mice in the attic, so there is going to be one from time to time in the middle house layer too! Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that we have a cat as we were still the ones to have to find it. So yeah, good times.
Other than that, we are all good and doing well, just busy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment