Thursday, November 2, 2017

August's birthday party!

I cannot believe my baby boy is one already! It's so true what they say, the days are long but the years are short.
I had to work on his actual birthday, so the weekend before we had his party in the park. When we were making the guest list we kept adding and adding, so we had decided to rent a pavillion in the nearby park instead of squishing everyone into our house. It worked out perfectly and there was a playground nearby for the bigger kids. Thank the Lord it was a beautiful fall day in the 70s!
And more so, thank the Lord for our healthy boy and family and friends who celebrated with us. We had the typical pizza, but I made salad, and the desserts were a bit different with cider mill donuts, cider, and a caramel apple station. It was good.
I never did make it all the way around the room with the camera, but we had both our parents, and then lots of friends, and even some neighbor friends.
August's gift from momma and dada was a busy board that we made for him. He likes it. It sits now in his play area blocking him from getting the cat's hammock. It has one of those door stopper things on there so poor September will be sleeping and mere inches away August is repeatedly hitting the stopper boiiiiing, boiiiiiiing, boiiing haha.
His "cake" was kind of a let down. First I had the candle lit then thought, am I just going to sit here and watch him put his hand in fire?! So I blew it out. Then we all gathered round and sang, and then he just sat there forever. His cake was an oatmeal shape and frosted with sweet potatoes/molasses/cinnamon with coconut sprinkles. And he likes sweet potato. Anyway, it wasn't the smash cake photo op everyone was hoping for.
Oh well. Daddy brought out his slack line and so some people were doing that
The party was a success. We actually felt bad because that night August had diarrhea until 2am to the point where I was thinking of taking him to the hospital because he was just screaming and wouldn't be consoled. And looking back we think he had been kind of mellow during the party because he might have been sick. So we felt pretty lousy for not even having noticed :( thankfully whatever it was, he's ok again now. Just as I had told Doug if he had one more episode we were going, then he nursed, and fell asleep and slept through the rest of the night. Thank God.
On his real birthday he spent the day with Daddy and they came and visited mom at work and brought donuts and cider for her work buddies.
Then mean old mama made him sit for his 12 months pictures. He was tired and so squirmy, it didn't work out so great.
Happy birthday my August, I love you so much more than I knew I ever could. Thank you for making me a mom. I hope you have so many more happy birthdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment