Thursday, August 24, 2017

weekend update

We were supposed to see Doug's sister-in-law and kids last weekend, which I was really looking forward to August meeting his cousins, but they cancelled on us unfortunately. So that was a bummer but we ended up having a pretty impromptu fun day.
First we randomly decided to go to the airshow in the morning.
This is as close as I hope August ever gets to being in a tank.
We got to see the planes from WWI and WWII and then we had to leave. We'd double-booked our day and had made plans the day before to meet with some other friends at Greenfield Village.
Here is August and I in front of the Martha and Mary chapel. So my dad actually built the pipe organ there, and I'm pretty sure I even helped work on it with him as a child, and these 2 old lady guards wouldn't let me in to see it. They even quizzed me on the name and city of the builder and they were like 'oh yeah that's right', but they wouldn't let me go look at it. Like there's some top secret plan to break into a teeny church at the village. I was annoyed. I feel like asking my dad to take me next time he goes to tune the organ there and then pushing past those ladies 'member me?!?' as I start playing the organ. Haha. Anyway, Greenfield Village was cooler than I remember from my grade school field trips.
So my day had actually been triple booked because I had planned the week before to go to a 'sexy dance class' with a friend, and then we delayed it a week because she said the song for the week we had chosen was "too raunchy". So I appreciated that. We ended up learning a dance to the opening of Chris Brown's Freak at Night. I would've thought with my aerobics history I could've remembered more, it was hard to remember the order and it was just 30 seconds of a routine!! Anyway, it was fun. I was the only white girl which was definitely a blast from the past feeling, and felt like 'white girl can't dance' ;) but it was actually really fun and nice to see that friend and spend time with her.
The other big thing this weekend was August started crawling!
Heeey, hoooo!
He's been wobbling on hands and knees for awhile, but I turned on the cat's favorite toy and that was the big motivation for August's first crawl! He crawled right over to it and tried to put it in his mouth. So now begins a new adventure of turned over trashcans, hands in the cat water dish, computer laptop wires being pulled, the possibilities are endless. Poor little guy is also getting the entire top row of his teeth so he's been a sad little guy lately, and back to waking up 6-10x per night, so we've all been a little sad lately. Hope that stops soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment