Monday, January 7, 2013

Coins and Goals

2013 is already off to a much better start. I'm settled back into the condo with my friend Jill and Becks and today was my first day back at school.
While unpacking and settling in I looked again at all my Christmas loot, I know it's not about getting stuff, but wow, I got some good stuff. After much complaining about Jill's food processor on this blog, my brother & sister-in-law got me a new one! Can't wait to test it out! My parents got me some resources for growing in my faith, I got some stuff for nursing school, and a lot more goodies. One thing my mom got me that I like is for my coin collecting.
They started the America coins in 2010 and after 3 years here's all I had:
But after mom's Christmas present
All full!
I'll want that same present another 3 years from now :)
Well I didn't really make any resolutions this year. My boss asked me about it and I just said I wanted to make it through another year, and he "boo'd" me. That was really my goal for 2012, and God brought me through. I do feel more on my feet nowadays so maybe I will make some goals:
* do not fail nursing school (a lot of people fail the semester I'm in now :/)
* run a 1/2 marathon (never wanted to run a whole, but a half might be fun if I can find a buddy to do it with)
* if I don't fail out of nursing school, keep praying about the opportunity to do a medical missions trip this summer to Guatemala with my aunt
* read a book about investing
* become group exercise certified
* make some awesome food to be my specialty that people will always request
* finish my kiteboarding lessons
That ought to keep me busy! I am looking a lot more forward to 2013 than 2012 that's for sure.

3 comments:

  1. I fully support *make some awesome food to be my specialty that people will always request! :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have an awesome food specialty - your muffins! I love them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny how all of us "coin collectors" really just use mom as our supplier.

    Mark and I talk a lot about goals, and therefore Michelle and I as well. One important thing about goals is that they be measurable. So not "run more" but "run a half marathon." All of yours sound really good, and measurable, so that's a good start is defining good ones!

    Keep studying hard. I think it's good to have a healthy fear of failing in you to motivate the long study hours. When you're working a job you'll be thankful you did!

    Love you, hope your food processor is a good one. Eager to hear if it is! Surprised you haven't used it yet with all the cooking you do.

    ReplyDelete