Friday, September 16, 2011

enjoy today

I haven't been able to sleep well the past two nights. The first night my mind was racing on ways to get rid of the moths, and planning what new storage containers to get for our pantry. Then last night my mind was busy imagining our future house, future new cars, future babies. Now, mind you, none of those things are expected to happen anytime soon. But does that stop me from spending time looking at cars/houses/baby stuff online? No. But it should. There is a good side of being a practical planner, but there's a bad side of just wasting a lot of time that could and should be spent doing other things that are useful for now. Time that could be spent maybe cleaning the apartment we live in now, or enjoying this time alone with my husband, or sleeping. I really need to work on 'enjoying today'.

1 comment:

  1. you got it girl. seriously. i am always reminded of that song " you're gonna miss this". keep enjoying the stage you are in now. and sleeeeeeeeeeeeeep before those babies come.

    ReplyDelete