Friday, June 29, 2012

The Infamous Stringdusters

Last night after work I drove down to Ann Arbor to meet up with my cousin Sarah. She had invited me to one of the city's free concerts that they put on in the summer. It was a really fun night. First she made a delicious dinner for me: chicken in a balsamic vinegar sauce with fresh rosemary from off her porch, a salad with cranberries, goat cheese, avocado and homemade dressing, toasted cranberry pecan bread, and she even made strawberry smoothie milkshakes for dessert to take with us. What a treat!
After dinner we gathered up our shakes, water and park blankets and headed downtown. She had invited a few of our other cousins that live either in the city or nearby and almost everyone of them came too! So that was really fun.
The band was The Infamous Stringdusters and they were great! They are a bluegrass band, who knew I like bluegrass?! It was really good. I was really glad too that it had cooled down a bit from the 100' weather and there was a nice breeze.
Some pics from the night:

No comments:

Post a Comment