Tuesday, October 29, 2019

3

My sweet boy is 3.
Wow, that was fast.
Man I love this boy so much. I feel so blessed to be his mama.
I was rocking him in his chair last night before bed, he doesn't sit on my lap anymore, no, "next to mama", but we sing and he kinda lets me snuggle him. I was thinking about his birthday coming up and just how quickly time is going. And I started to tear up and was talking about him growing up and how one day he's not going to live with me anymore, and he said "I don't want mama be sad" and I told him (and mostly told myself) that I am happy he's growing up, that's what he's supposed to do, just that I'll miss him.
Motherhood has been challenging, and I'm sure we have some of the toughest parts ahead. I'm just not in any rush. So many people tell me to treasure every moment and how they can't even remember their kids being young. And I'm trying. I keep my 5-year-journals and have one for each kid now, and I work on a family yearbook for the year, and write about them in this blog because one day I'll want to look back, but for now- I am trying to treasure it.
I'm so thankful for my healthy, happy son. And the lyrics aren't exactly right, but right now I've got this song in my mind as I hold my boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment