Monday, August 19, 2019

dreams crushed

My parents sold their house so I've been working on getting all my stuff out of my old childhood room. These are the times I wish for a basement of my own! I went up on Saturday with the kiddos while Doug was on a guy's jeep trip. It was a nice visit with my parents.
It's so hard to get rid of stuff! I got a 18 gallon tub and told my dad I was going to be ruthless about throwing stuff away. It got pretty much 80% full of just old binders full of pictures and stuff, and there's more I still want to keep. I came home with an armful of prom/bridesmaids dresses that I don't even fit into right now (thanks nursing boobs) but Doug wants me to keep for who knows when. I think a friend will take a bag full of old loved stuffed animals to give them a new home, I feel so bad throwing those into a landfill. I remember being a kid and feeling like I had to tell each one goodnight or I couldn't sleep stressing that one would feel left out!
Anyway, I came across a gum wrapper chain that I made all through high school, each link is from one stick's wrapper. I brought it home and thought, I'm going to submit this to the Guinness Book of World Records, why not, how many other people are making gum wrapper chains? So I make a profile and go to apply and see this guy:
Oh my gosh, this guy spent 50 years making a 16+ MILE long chain wrapper?!?
So yeah, my almost 12 foot chain is not going to beat that record. Dreams crushed.
haha

No comments:

Post a Comment