Wednesday, June 26, 2019

weekend update

This past weekend was a good one.
On Friday we got to celebrate with my friend Kelly as she married our college friend Ed. She had lost her husband a few years ago suddenly and it has been beyond inspiring to see her steadfast trust in the Lord to get her, and her three children, through such a heart-breaking time. The theme of the wedding was 'faithfulness' and He truly is faithful.
It was fun for us to see lots of our old college friends too, eat delicious food, dance the night away, and celebrate with Kelly and Ed.
The next night was my 20 year high school reunion. Wow, that makes me feel old!
I found myself as I was in high school, but I guess I still am like that today too, waiting for others to approach me instead of reaching out. So, due to that, I didn't get to talk to everyone and left a little disappointed. But I did get to talk to a lot of people and have some nice conversations. Out of a graduating class of 49, about 21 came so not too shabby. Actually several more still live in the area and didn't come, so too bad. It was odd having some classmates with kids in high school and there was us with Jeanie, so I still felt young :)
It is crazy how time flies!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for Kelly!

    That's cool to see your high school picture. Some of those people I recognize, some have changed so much. Who's the guy sitting between Doug and Mark?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's Ryan Chapman, so kinda funny story, I was talking to him and mentioned that I didn't even know who was all in our graduating class as it seemed like people just disappeared off to Votech, and I said "I didn't get invited to go there!" and he says "that's because you were too smart, it was for us dumb kids." Lol, awkward! Still, I should've gotten the chance! Those people came out with employable skills and I meandered in college forever, I just can't remember how those last couple high school years classes even got picked.

    ReplyDelete