Tuesday, February 28, 2017

weekend update

typing for my life as the baby naps next to me. I'm feeling very busy with being back to work, back to school, still trying to exercise, keep a clean house, good meals, and looking at houses too.
This was a very tasty vegan mac and cheese, I can't find the recipe online anymore, but it was good.
Made goulash with a side of roasted brussel sprouts. Bonus, sprouts at Aldi are already washed and trimmed!
This weekend I spent several hours talking and eating on the couch with my friend Jill while Doug watched August. It was so nice to catch up.
We also put in an offer on a house (and lost), so the search continues.
Last week our neighbor had invited us over for dinner, she should've said a feast actually, she made so many different things!
She gave August an envelope with $100 in it, um, that was generous!
Us with our boys, our neighbor is pregnant again with a little girl. Things that make me feel sad when we talk about moving!!
Also speaking of babies, we went to visit a friend's new little one
Little Luke. I felt like August seemed so big compared to him! I miss the newborn stage already (well without the torn lady-parts and feeding every couple hours). August mostly gives me 3-6 hour stretches at night now.
I'm missing this guy:
It seems like we hardly have any quality time to ourselves anymore. So busy! The other night he put August to bed, pulled out the futon bed, set up his laptop to play this youtube aquarium scene and we laid there and talked. It was actually really nice. His parents said they'd come sometime this week and we can get out on a date night, that'd be a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment