Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Anne, R.N.

Today I was all prepared to blog about the nursing job that I got. But I very wasn't excited about it. It had been my last choice of my 3 interviews, but they were the only offer I had, and I was starting to wrap my head around working midnights. Except, this morning I got a phone call the that job I really wanted - wanted me!
I felt really bad making that phone call to tell them, in essence, 'nevermind'. I hadn't started the new job yet, but I did go in yesterday for the pre-employment physical. And I had emailed the manager that I was excited to be part of the team. And honestly I was getting a little excited about it.
But I am more excited to work during the day and to be working for such a great hospital. They say new nurses always get stuck with midnight shift, but that it's good for them too because there is a little more time to spend with your patients and get a handle on what is going on with them. The day can be very busy with tests, meals, families, etc. I just really hope I can do my best and take great care of people. I had originally prayed that I would get just 1 offer so it would be clear, but then I was upset it wasn't the offer I wanted. And just yesterday I had accepted that God had opened the door for me, and decided to make the most of it. And then today, the second offer. So I don't know what to make of it. But Doug and I decided that I wanted day shift eventually, and I wanted that hospital eventually anyway, so if I was being given the option of now vs. eventually - I should take it now. So I did.
There is still a full month before I start orientation though. It would probably be a good idea for me to go over my books some, as now it will be 5 months since I got done with school!
I saw one of those things on facebook the other day about the best career for your Meyers-Briggs personality type
It's a match! I really hope I can be a great nurse.

2 comments:

  1. Yayaya!!! Congrats Anne! So excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaaaaayyyyyy! Congrats, excited to hear all about it :)

    ReplyDelete