Thursday, July 24, 2014

Fly Hero

I went to Doug's house last night and I saw a little fly trapped in what I thought for months was a birdfeeder. So I asked Doug if he would rescue him and let him out. Then he told me that was a bee-catcher because he was getting bees in his house. But he let the little fly out and took down the catcher, with the condition that if bees were coming back in, it would go back up.
I was too late for all these flies
(attention birds, dried fly carcass feast!)
But I was happy to save that one fly. I hate the thought of anything suffering, even if it is a pesky fly.
This evening Jill and I had a roommate hangout that seemed loooong overdue. I made bean-kale veggie burgers (ok, but not great so won't share recipe)
with a side of roasted potatoes, and made strawberry shortcakes for dessert (not pictured because I gobbled it up too quickly)
We watched an episode of Call the Midwife, and went for a nice long walk through the park and talked. So nice. I miss the days where we used to just sit around and talk and eat popcorn, life is too busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment