Wednesday, June 26, 2013

playing hookey

Monday night I went wakeboarding for the first time this year. (so fun!) And then the girls watched the Bachelorette. It became a very late night as we started late because of going out on the lake, and then kept having to pause it for the kids to have their time-outs. Every time I start thinking, well maybe my dream of being a mother has gone away, I instantly see that it is still there. It has been really cool to watch my friends become mothers and to see them raise up their children. I still hope I get that chance. My one friend's daughter was funny, she had to go sit in a chair for time out, and her little voice was whining: "but it's not comfortable!" haha
So on Tuesday I had only had 5 hours of sleep and I was tired, cranky and SORE. Still today even. I cancelled my ortho appointment and skipped small group. It's really not like me to skip stuff, but I was feeling crummy and knew if I went I wouldn't get home again till 10pm and have no time for anything. So I went home. Swung by Trader Joe's. Made this yummy stuff:
With leftover beans and chicken. That gnocchi was SO good, had to resist eating the entire package. And washed it down with a strawberry-lemonade slushy.
Made from blended crystal light lemonade and some frozen strawberries my friend Liz gave me from the farmer's market. Yum.
Then I went for a long walk around the neighborhood, paid bills, got stuff in order, it was a good night. I also took a look at my sister Elizabeth's wedding website. Honestly I felt a little sad reading it. I learned a lot about her from a website, and felt like a sister failure. I'd really like the opportunity to "live life" with her, and get to know her future husband better, but they live in California and have no plans on ever coming back to Michigan. I really hate being so far away from my siblings. Especially with my baby niece coming, and Elizabeth getting married and probably soon to start her family. What to do.
Almost one month before she becomes a Mrs. I loved this picture of them.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to their site - I hadn't heard of it. I feel the same, like a bad brother. :(

    ReplyDelete