Friday, April 13, 2012

Office Thief

I swear this attorney at my office is stealing my peanut butter. I keep a jar of natural pb in the fridge and a bag of bran muffins in the freezer for quick workday snacks. And I can tell the pb level is lowering day by day and I haven't even eaten any in awhile. It bugs me! I hate to be a huge cheapskate, but seriously it is getting more and more expensive plus I just don't feel like I need to be supplying food for everyone. I'm pretty sure I know who it is. Once I was at the table eating lunch and she wanders in and dug into my baggie of carrots and started eating them while she was reading the newspaper. Um. Help yourself?

Yes, I have stolen the occasional office supply, but stealing someone elses food is just wrong :)

So last night I went over to my friend's house. We went for a beautiful walk and came home and made dinner. They usually eat pretty late so by the time of actual dinner at 8:30 I had already been snacking a lot, and was so hungry, I left just completely stuffed. It was good, but I do prefer a bit of an earlier eating time so I'm not ravenous by the time I actually eat!

I wanted to make those lemon chia seed muffins while I was there to show her how good they were. It turned into a bit of a bigger job than I thought. First we had to mill flour because she doensn't eat much of it. So we milled rice, spelt and added some tapioca flour. Then she didn't have any applesauce so we had to make that too. So a few extra steps. I didn't like our flour mix, it tasted kind of heavy and grainy, but the muffins were still pretty good and I got a text this morning saying that I was right and they were even better cold :) Yum!

1 comment:

  1. 1. I hate when people steal my food. I had a roommate in college who did this and it drove me crazy!

    2. Is that the recipe for the muffins you brought over? They are so amazing, I'm hooked!!!

    3. It was so much fun seeint you this weekend!:)

    ReplyDelete