Friday, March 30, 2012

Daniel Fast day 13

Last nights dinner was finally a good one. I had complained to a vegetarian friend about some of the recipies I tried, and my general not knowing what to make on this fast. She gave me a few of her favorite recipies. So last night I made open faced falafel burgers. Andrew and I already had a similar recipie that we like on tortilla wraps, and this one was pretty good too. I might have made my patties too thick so they were gooey in the middle, and since I ate it on a lettuce wrap and not a pita my fingers were getting all beany and saucey which I don't really like. But it was tasty. (I think I prefer the other recipie, but it was worth a try)


And since I am a dessert lover, I made some 'icecream'. Loosely based on this recipie. (This recipie looks really good, but I can't have chocolate chips yet.) Anyway, what I did was use my food processor to blend up two frozen bananas, two spoonfulls of natural pb, a bit of almond milk, and a big spoon of cocoa powder. You can taste the banana, but it is pretty tasty!

1 comment:

  1. You don't need to lose weight AT ALL, but have you lost weight doing this fast? I'm curious because I need to lose weight!

    I have a great blog for you to get vegan recipes - http://peasandthankyou.com. And she is a great writer too!:)

    ReplyDelete