Friday, December 7, 2012

Compliment?

At work we're working on a strange case that is becoming more movie plot-esque by the day. A lady is pretty much being harrassed by the police and I was in my boss's office brainstorming of ways we can possibly help her more practically than by just working on her in-progress lawsuit.
My boss looked at me and said, "the thing that is so charming about you is you live in a different world; there's Anne's world and then there's reality".
I'm not sure if that was meant as a compliment or not, he was smiling, but while pretty much telling me I'm oblivious.
Anyway, I took it as a compliment. I do dream of a world where people are good and have purpose and love each other. But yeah, that world probably doesn't fully exist this side of heaven. Even if people are "good" we all still fall short.
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23
Even so, God still calls us to do good.
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21
And He gives us the ability to do so.
I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
Phillipians 4:13
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
And even when it seems too hard, we can be confident God will win the battle for this world.
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world. John 16:33

5 comments:

  1. You should totally take it as a compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN to that breakdown of our fallen world. We should take heart and know that God is sovereign. Thanks for verses to help remind me of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne you're my favorite. Definite a one of a kind person which is what makes you so special. We're lucky to have you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should take it as a compliment! I love that about you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that too. This world doesn't need another realist... but an idealist? I'll take three!

    Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes:
    "Inside every cynical mind is a truly disappointed idealist."
    - George Carlin

    That's me - at least you're not to the cynical state yet! Hopefully you never get there..

    p.s. I like how you've got a verse for all your conclusions.

    ReplyDelete