Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Break

Ah, Thanksgiving break, what a w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l long weekend it was. Thanksgiving day I only had to make Cranberry Wild Rice to take to my grandma's. The recipe called for a can of of cranberries, but since that is pretty much a can of high fructose corn syrup, I made my own.
I used apple juice concentrate to sweeten it, but it was still on the sour side so I added some brown sugar.
Cook it up with a couple boxes of wild rice mix, and onion, stir in some celery and there you have it! Easy and tasty.
And off I went to Thanksgiving dinner.
I never feel bad about eating Thanksgiving dinner. Our stuff is pretty healthy and my other aunt and uncle that come are amazingly great vegetarian cooks. This Thanksgiving I had: salad, polenta stuffed cilantro and corn green peppers (yes- delicious), a bran muffin, brussel sprouts, yams, mashed potatoes, and a bit of turkey. Everything was so great. And a bit of mom's homemade pumpkin pie. Yum.
We all went for a long walk through the city and then sat and talked. A great day.
The rest of my break I holed up at my parent's house and napped, got mom to do exercise videos with me (favorite mom quotes: I haaaate jumping jacks!! and when exercise lady said 'hope to see you again real soon', mom angrily replied I hope not, lol) played games with them, ate leftovers, watched You've Got Mail, crafted, did homework, more naps, and just relaxed. It was wonderful. And now I'm ready to tackle the last 3 weeks of school till Christmas break.
I am thankful for what God has been doing in my life.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so so so glad to hear you had such a lovely holiday weekend! It sounds amazing!! And you look so pretty, where did you get that scarf?

    I'm glad I'm not the only one who responds to exercise videos! I am always yelling at Jillian or Tony for either not doing the exercise with us or something silly they say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just picture mom saying exactly that, haha

    Add another delicious food to the "Christmas trip 2012" list :)

    ReplyDelete