Friday, April 1, 2022

Rest in Peace Brian


We lost Doug's brother Brian on Monday. 

It's been a rough week. Doug has done a lot of the planning for his parents, visiting the funeral home, alerting his work and following up on insurance, canceling his phone and closing out accounts. Making photo memory boards. 

I can't believe this is the only picture I found from last year. I know we saw him more than that! 

He died of a pulmonary embolism and was at his parent's house at the time. Doug and I talked about how God's mercy is evident even at the time of our deaths. Brian is a cross-country trucker and was home with his parents on a respite between driving jobs. We hope that he saw his dad with him at the time of his death and knew he wasn't alone, and we ultimately hope and trust he is now with his true Father. It could've been much worse if he had died behind the wheel of his semi and maybe hurt someone else, or perhaps died in his cab and wasn't found until much later. 

But still. 

Doug talked to him on the weekend and had even gotten texts from him a couple hours before he passed. He had said he didn't feel great and had a fast heart rate, but he had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday so he wasn't that worried about it. Who knows if the doctor would've diagnosed it, but he obviously never made it to the appointment. And I'm just feeling like the world's shittiest nurse as I didn't push more, I told Doug to get him to count his pulse or go to CVS for a BP check but he wouldn't. And maybe I should've thought blood clot since I know his occupation. So I'm feeling pretty bad. 

It's been a shock. And just so sad to think we're never gonna see him again. Never get those funny, sometimes inappropriate tiktoks again, never hear another wild story of him and his kiddos, never hear his laugh again. Lucy will never know him and I don't even have a picture of him with her. 

And Doug. 

Now he's an only child, and it's just so sad. He's really feeling it. 

Prayers appreciated.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment