Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Summer family fun

After dinner family walk at this little nature area by our house.
Downtown Detroit morning on 4th of July
Doug's parents came over on Saturday to hang out a bit with both kiddos since they would be babysitting the 2 for the first time on Monday when I went back to work. We had asked them to spend a couple hours and were dreaming of going out to brunch or a matinee movie, but they got here and somehow didn't think they were going to stay more than an hour.... ok... no fun for us. Anyway, no fun for anyone actually. Jeanie was SCREAMING and wouldn't take a bottle or nurse or sleep. Everyone was very worried for Monday, I was even thinking I might have to quit. But, by the end of the day Doug got Jeanie to take a bottle, AND the binky! He says his secret was prayer! I don't doubt it. Anyway, off I went to work yesterday and so worried, Doug called in a couple times to check in, and they reported that Jeanie was "easy". Woohoo! It's already a struggle being away from them, and I'm so blessed that if they're not home with me they're either with Dad or their grandparents, so I was just glad that it was going well. Hoping it stays that way!
Sunday we went over to a friend's for dinner and lake fun. It was our annual time out on the lake, wish it happened more often!
I got to wakeboard (and am still SO sore 2 days later)
Jeannie and Jeanie!
And we had a little family tube
Pictures from our walk to the park today:
freshly picked roadside black raspberries!

No comments:

Post a Comment