Monday, April 29, 2019

Mini living room update

One of my new year's goals was to have a little update to our living room in the form of a new rug and lamp. This was the previous rug, it had a deep pile which was soft, but difficult to vacuum and often crumbs of stuff were found deep in the depths. Ew.
We bought a rug off Wayfair that was 100% wool and had a really pretty pattern.
So apparently these are the only pictures I took of it! One with August playing on it, and one with me doing my exercise last month! Anyway, I loved that it was natural fibers, and I loved the pattern. What I did not love was within 30 minutes of rolling it out, September came and scratched it and instantly there were long loose threads in the pattern >:( and also since it was wool it constantly shed little cream hairs that got all over the floor and just made it look dirty and dust-bunnyish, and they'd cling to our blue couch. Eventually it had to go!
This time we just opted for a cheapie from Walmart.
It clashed with the couch pillows, so just swapped them out for the cream ones from the playroom futon couch:
And we're done. A couple months ago I searched high and low for new lamps (I like this blue one, but the shade has a rip in it). Probably 5 or 6 lamps were bought home and then returned in an effort to find one that looked good. No such luck. And no luck either with just a replacement shade. So we decided that this one will have to still have to do, and just face the rip towards the wall. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment