Thursday, March 21, 2019

life lately

It's been pretty busy lately without a ton to show for. One huge thing was we started the path towards rental property #2. Our offer was accepted, then we had an inspection, found some problems, Doug spent hours on the phone and emailing contractors to get estimates within the 24-48 hours left of how much it would be to get things fixed. Then the sellers would only come down $1k so we walked away. When you have a rental property you need to stay within a certain limit to make it work and it just seemed too tight. Lessons learned, but pretty frustrating.
I'm 37 weeks now and have got a few things crossed off my 'before baby checklist':
- Buy newborn diapers. - bought one pack!
- Make freezer meals. - made 6 meals
- Natural Birth Workshop class. - took it, learned a couple things, and enjoyed a day of bonding/relaxing/being massaged by Doug :)
- Pack the hospital bag. - started!
- Family of 3 getaway. - going to a hotel with a waterpark this weekened!
I have all the newborn clothes washed, and my brother sent me a HUGE box of hand-me-downs from his 3 girls, so the newborn and 0-3 are all washed and the rest is sorted. It was so sweet to see little outfits from my first baby niece and now my little girl will wear them.
I wish I'd never been introduced to these pretzels. THEY ARE SO GOOD AND ADDICTING!!!
Other news, August has peed on the potty twice now!! I thought for sure poop would be easier since it's such a 'clear feeling' when you have to go and he always tells us, "August pooping". But both times we get his little potty, (usually when mama is going potty), and I help him get on. Then he gets on and off several times to look in it and fake grunts, which is adorable. And then I always think he's just playing around so I go do a bit of laundry or whatever and both times a couple minutes later I get back and there is pee in there! I will say he is very motivated by the M&M he gets if he goes. But hey, whatever works. We really haven't been pushing potty training too much at all. With the new baby coming they say a regression is super likely, our doctor also said boys are more ready closer to 3, and honestly it's almost more work getting out the potty and taking his pants/diaper off multiple extra times. But it's nice to be able to kind of get started.
Haha, mother/son bonding.
Today we are also getting some maternity/family pictures taken. It's not very nice outside, cloudy, but hopefully we can still get some good ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment