Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Third Trimester

I'm 34 weeks and wondering how many more I have left! If baby comes at early-term (38 wks) that's 4 more, full-term (40 wks) means 6 more, and late like August (41+ wks) gives me almost 8 weeks. It's crazy not knowing if I'm going to go into labor, or have to be induced again. I'm feeling pretty good, and am hoping I have closer to 8 weeks left. I still have a lot to do!
I wanted to do "one last trip of 3" where we'd just spend a night in a nearby hotel and go do a waterpark. We were supposed to go this weekend, but Doug got in a car accident the day before our babymoon. We thought our car was just dinged doors, but there is major frame damage. So instead this weekend he is flying to Florida to get a (hopefully) no to low rust vehicle.
To Do Before Baby List:
- I've been buying girl's clothes from the Salvation Army, but have to wash everything. And find a place to store them! She'll be in our room for awhile, but sharing August's dresser/closet until we move them into the bigger room. So that leave me with not much storage space for her stuff. This has been a major stressor.
- Buy newborn diapers. I bought a couple girl-colored cloth diaper covers, but I figured we'll probably do disposables for the first 6 weeks for easy- sake.
- Make freezer meals.
- We have a Natural Birth Workshop class coming up in 2 weeks, so it'd be nice to still be pregnant before the class!
- Finish knitting her bunny hat
- Pack the hospital bag
- Because of my work weekends and that class, the next free weekend we'd have for our getaway is 4 weeks away, I'm really hoping we can go do that. And just soak in the last time of individual attention for August!
- A so special cousin of mine who also went through a heartbreaking divorce has found love again, and there is an engagement party to meet her fiance end of March so I want to go to that.
- Just looking at the calendar it'd be nice if she was here for Easter which could happen if she were 1 week late, but not 2. But I'd pretty much like to go as long as possible, which also would extend my time off work further which would be great as there are already weddings and graduation parties and family visit plans in the works.
So, 34 weeks and I'm happy to report baby and I are still doing well.
yowza!
Pounds gained: about 19, looking at my last tracker I'm 3lbs heavier and about 1.5 inches wider than I was with August at this same stage.
Cravings: Fruit! And when I'm at work I constantly have a cup of that hospital ice in my hands to crunch on, much to the annoyance of my co-workers unfortunately. But thankfully they let me do it without banning me to the back hall computer, haha.
Sleep: Pretty ok. I do notice instead of just rolling over I have to pretty much wake up and heave myself over, but go right back to sleep. And either one night-time potty break, or sometimes none!
Exercise: Still doing good. I'm pretty much still doing my same exact strength videos or walking on the incline treadmill as I work my way through Blacklist. I've not been doing my videos with a lot of jumping around. But still occasionally doing Barre videos too.
At work the other day I was taking care of an OB/GYN patient and a doctor came to take care of her. After we were talking about her plan of care, he started chatting with me about my pregnancy and offered me a free 4d ultrasound. I hadn't planned on doing one, but then I thought, well this might be my last baby, and hey it's free, so yesterday we went and got to see baby girl.
She's already head down and was sleeping with her hands over her face.... awwwwww....
So they rolled me around and then she was waking up and gave us some good pics
The tech said she thought she looked like August :) and is guessing around 5# 6 ounces so far. Yikes, if babies gain 0.5lbs a week that could put her at almost 9lbs total. Which August was 8# 10 ounces, but it'd be nicer to have a tad smaller baby!
That precious little face. I'm so thankful for this blessing of a healthy baby, healthy pregnancy, and praying for a smooth and safe delivery!

2 comments:

  1. I love how enterprising Doug is! Not going to upgrade homes yet? Doug on the way to refinish the bathroom and kitchen! Car in an accident? Doug off to Florida to buy a new one!

    Also, don't go to Salvation Army too much! Michelle just finished packing a huge box of girl's clothes that will be shipped your way this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Doug is great :)

      He's a hard worker.

      Oooh, that sounds good!, thanks! Don't want to wait till we see you? Clothes can be heavy...= $$$

      Delete