Wednesday, January 23, 2019

"Missouri Jill" visit

Last weekend I got away, by myself!, for a quick visit to see my friend "Missouri Jill". Since I already have a friend Jill, this other friend Jill had been referred to by the state she lived in. I met her in Oklahoma ("Oklahoma Jill") some 15 years ago when I was down in Tulsa doing a year-long internship for a missions company and she and I volunteered in the youth group together. Later she moved to Kentucky for seminary school and became "Kentucky Jill". And then 3 years ago she got married and moved to Missouri, I hadn't seen her since her wedding and wanted to take advantage of this small window where August is a little bigger and the new baby hasn't come yet.
So anyway, flew down on Friday. Jill picked me up, we went on a little nature walk in the area and then back to her house. Her husband made this fantastic pot roast with mashed potatoes and green beans. We got MI-3 (or was it 4?) from the redbox and relaxed and talked.
The next day Ryan made us fried eggs and hashbrowns, and we had a nice lazy morning of watching a marathon of a (new to me) show Blacklist on Netflix. The filming I think is weird, but I like the show. It was snowy and icy out so it was a perfect day for laziness. Then Jill and I went out to the Wonders of Wildlife museum and aquarium.
It was a wonderful exhibit, and huge! We spent several hours walking, talking, and looking around. The only bad thing was their penny press was out of order and that is my all-time favorite souvenir. So bummer. That night we got pizza, and Ryan made salad and brownies. We watched some more Blacklist and played some trivia games.
Sunday I joined them for their small group Bible study, church, and then it was time to go already! We had some quick leftovers and stopped at this 'famous' custard place on the way to the airport. Yum.
I did have to take 2 flights, which always stinks, but before I knew it Doug and August were picking me up and time to go home.
It was over too soon, but it was wonderful to see her and catch up.
And August had a nice weekend with daddy too, including a couple play dates Doug set up with a couple of his friends. So that was nice they did just fine without me, (I probably missed August more than he missed me!), and good daddy/son time for the two of them. I'm thankful for good friends and for a husband who lets me see them :)

1 comment:

  1. Ryan has some luxurious locks! And Blacklist is good! I still watch it

    ReplyDelete