Saturday, October 22, 2016

41 weeks - aka- overdue

Weight gained: 20lbs
How I'm feeling: Kind of annoyed, I hate this suspense and the waiting just goes on and on! But still feeling good. Walked an hour on the treadmill yesterday, did weights today. It's a beautiful day today, Doug and I are planning on going up to my parents. I've been torn between feeling kinda stir crazy at home, but also not wanting to be too far from the hospital. But now it's like, screw it, who knows when/if anything is going to happen! Still feeling Braxton Hicks, but that's about it. I'm trying to remember my hypnobirthing stuff and 'trust my body' and trust my baby knows when it's time to be born. It is hard for a control-freak type of person though. It was interesting to see that a 40 week baby's brain is 2/3rds bigger than a 38 week baby, so I know this time is still valuable for him.
Doug has been so awesome. Massaging my back and feet, helping me vacuum, errands and grocery runs. I asked him to pick up a brownie mix and look at this:
what a guy!
Midwife news: Yesterday's appointment we did another non-stress test, baby still doing good. The exam showed dilated 2+cm's and same 70% effaced. They are making me schedule the induction, so at the latest we'll meet him on the 26th or 27th. So this is my last weekly update! Doug and I have been trying all the old wives tales to get labor going, but obviously, nothing working yet. The craziest one is this 'nipple stimulation', they say to do that for 1-3 hours a day, excuse me?? Ain't nobody got time for that!?! And then they suggest to 'borrow' a friend's baby and let them 'nurse' to stimulate the oxytocin, yeah, I don't think I have any friends willing to do that either. Kind of funny. So we wait!
Days till due date: -7

No comments:

Post a Comment