Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas Update

Christmas was a little different this year as it was my holiday to work.
It was an ok day. Pretty much the usual busyness of a day at work. Even with our humidifier I guess it's been too dry for my nose...
And now a few days later I've got a full blown cold. On my day off in between working I'm sitting here sniffling, coughing, and reading blogs instead of being productive. Oh well. Some days you just can't.
We had a really nice Christmas eve with my parents. Went up for dinner, Dad and Doug trimmed the last 2 of our new bedroom doors that were too long, had a delicious meal, opened presents. Mom and Dad got me these wonderful new slippers.
We went to the candlelight Christmas eve service at their church. Always nice. And then back home to be ready for work in the morning. After work Doug picked me up and we went out for dinner and then opened gifts at home. I've been totally missing out of all kinds of photo ops lately. My friend from NC was in town and we had a girl's day out, no pictures, had a girl's night with Jill and Kim, no pictures, and I didn't take any pictures either of Doug and I. Although I do have several cat videos of September playing with her new toy. Priorities! Too tired after working I guess. Doug got me a remote car starter which I'm sure will be appreciated on the long cold walk from work to my car.
The day after Christmas we went out to a lunch with Doug's extended family and that was really a lot nicer than I thought it would be, so that was nice.
Poor Doug yesterday had a headache from the moment he woke up to when he went to bed, and was throwing up too. We are not a great pair right now I guess!
But overall we have so much to be thankful for and very blessed. My heart is heavy for my cousin's brother-in-law, who at my age, found out he had a brain tumor and was dead within a week on Christmas. I saw on his wife's facebook a post so beautiful it made me cry. She just shared how loving and giving that her husband was that he chose to donate his organs and she (and their 2 children) were thankful that 2 families were going to receive a miracle this Christmas that their family did not. It was so heartbreaking, my thoughts and prayers are with them.
I hope everyone had a nice Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin's BIL :( That is so tragic!

    But so glad to hear you had a nice holiday despite working! Ugh I have a cold too, yuck!

    ReplyDelete