Monday, April 21, 2014

He is risen!

Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe, Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow
Lord, now indeed I find, Thy power and Thine alone, Can change the leper's spots, And melt the heart of stone
Oh, praise the one who paid my debt, And raised this life up from the dead. Oh, praise the one who paid my debt, And raised this life up from the dead
Thank you Jesus!!
This song was on my heart yesterday as we celebrated Easter. I went to my parent's church and celebrated Easter with them. I really like a traditional service on special services and it was a good one. I always love how the pastor says "He is risen" and everyone says back, "He is risen indeed!!" After church Doug's parents came up and had Easter dinner with my parents and us. Mom made super tasty food: cheesy mashed potatoes, asparagus, a standing rib roast, fresh garlic bread, I brought pineapple and this kale salad I made
Doug's parents brought wine and dessert. It was a really nice time. I was noticing our parents have a lot in common. They all sing in the choir, and they have similar faith upbringings. It was really nice. Doug's parents left and then Doug stayed with me, Mom and Dad and we went for a nice walk in this nature preserve area in our town. It was a great day.
And, the Easter bunny who hardly ever visited me as a kid, finally got his act together and brought me a basket!
Saturday was a really nice day too, after work Doug came and we went out on a bike ride. I had packed a picnic dinner and we laid on his snuggie blanket in a sunny field and ate and rested and talked. It was wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous weekend!!! Love that last pic of you guys, too cute!

    ReplyDelete