Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Things I Made

Recent crafts
I made these little booties for my baby niece coming soon!
puffy painted this onsie
Next craft was a "felted sweater" very loosely based on a Martha Stewart episode I saw years ago
First I cut down the sweater from a woman's sweater, and sewed it back up. I actually sewed this stupid sleeve on 3 times because I kept doing it inside out. I ended up frustratedly throwing it out, but the next day I dug it out of the trash and did it right.
Sewing on a rabbit shape from cutouts of another sweater
I actually "felted" by sewing on felt bits, not doing it like in the Martha Stewart. I wasn't sure about the red flowers, but the rest of the family voted for them. I think the googly eyes makes it look a bit silly, but too late now!
The back. Hope baby girl likes it!
Recently made eats:
I had one last cup of quinoa in the pantry that I wanted to get rid of. It's not my favorite grain, and now I feel guilty eating it since my mom told me that the countries that grow quinoa and used to depend on it, can now hardly afford to eat their own product since the Americans are going crazy about it and it's driving up the prices :(. So anyway, I used it up and made a Cumin Lime Black Bean Quinoa Salad which ended up being quite tasty. I hate how those little grains looks like parasite worms, but otherwise was tasty.
Followed that meal up by eating the rest of my mom's carrot cake, so good!
I'd also been wanting to make zucchini boats. Got these huge guys from mom's garden.
Browned beef with onions, garlic, peppers, tomatoes, and spices
Filled up the boats and topped with cheese. I think I was supposed to bake the zucchinis a bit first by themselves, but I didn't know that. So mine baked a little longer.
The end result was kind of 'meh'. But the next day I put some of the reheated leftovers in a tortilla and topped it with a fried egg, and it was amazing!
Random flower bouquet from my lovely mom
Jill actually made this chicken and I made the veggie sides. Mom's garden beans with this potato salad that I am in love with.
Good eats!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you are so crafty!!! That onesie is my fave!
    Bummer about the zucchini boats! I was going to make that tomm for dinner, but I'm thinking about just doing tortillas instead and shredding the zucchini instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm glad you made Molina the shirt, she will love it! And I love the googly eyes.

    ReplyDelete