Thursday, April 4, 2013

life lately

So when I moved out of my apt last August I knew I was going to be moving in with a friend. I knew that I was going to be going down to PT at work, and school full-time, so I couldn't afford to live by myself. I didn't know how long it would be- but I was guessing at least 2 years with school and 'recovering'. I knew I was moving a whole apt of stuff into one already furnished, tiny bedroom. So I packed up almost all of my stuff. But lately I have been looking for some things and I get so irritated that it's packed away. And stupid stuff, I clearly remember Emo Anne packing it away thinking I wasn't going to want it for 2 years. The other day I was looking for these pink socks to wear under my boots and when I couldn't find them I remembered I packed them away thinking 'they have hearts on them, I'm not going to want to look at any hearts for 2 years'. And then for Easter I was looking for my fake tanner to remedy my pasty white leg situation in my Easter dress and I couldn't find it. Did I really think "wa-wah, no one will be looking at my legs for 2 years..." Kinda funny now, but I can definitely see how I was feeling by how I packed. Oh well. Fake tanner is cheap.
This last week I've been watching Becks since Jill has been on vaca. It's been nice to have this little guy's company.
he's a worthy staring contest competitor
Normally he sleeps with Jill, but since she's gone he has to come in with me otherwise he'll bark all night. I'm not a huge fan of sleeping with dogs, so he'll start out on the floor on a blanket, but every night he makes a little noise and up he comes. When I got out of the shower I came in to see this
awww! so cozy!
He was a good little buddy this weekend.
Last night I made my favorite delicious veggie burgers before I got down to my studying
So good!
One of the best things about Becks is that if I'm studying and he's annoyingly barking in the window he gets to come sit in my lap. It's a win-win. He's quiet and he keeps my hands busy.
Otherwise I will sit there and absentmindedly pull at my eyebrows and eyelashes. I don't really notice it, but the last time I was at my parent's house studying, I hear my mom "stop that!" and she even smacked my hand like a little kid. Well I have news for you mom, I can't help it, it's a disease called trichotillomania- "there are millions of us!" But probably a good idea to try and not do, I don't want to have bald patches!

4 comments:

  1. OMG I thought I was the only one that pulled at my eyebrows!!! It is def an addiction and I am trying to stop, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I don't get eyebrows but I definitely pull at my eyelashes. Will they stop growing if I do that? I figured if I don't pluck them they fall out anyway over time, but it's def. more of a bad habit than me thinking I'm helping prune them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I try to tell myself that too - I'm not sure, they do say (about intended eyebrow plucking) that eventually it will get thinner, I'm not sure how much I agree as I've been plucking for 15 years now! But maybe a bit. I'd just hate to have no eyelashes someday!! :(

      Delete