Monday, October 8, 2012

Rhode Trip

gah - puns.
Last weekend was the trip to Rhode Island to my cousin's wedding. I haven't been to Rhode Island since I was 18 or 19, so I was excited to get back there.
We left Thursday morning and went up through Canada, through New York, Massachusetts and then down thru Rhode Island.
I made one purchase in Canada:
My favorite hot cereal, Red River! Last year when we went through Canada it had been recalled for not listing 'possible soy' ingredients, but now it was back on the shelves. Yay! I've got to get a glass container so it's not vulnerable to pantry moths again with it's cardboard box flap top design. But I'm excited.
I worked on my hat project for my friend's new baby coming soon:
The fall colors were so beautiful through Michigan, Canada and New York. But they hadn't quite made it further east yet. I guess I didn't really get any good shots, my window pictures were blurry.
My uncle took us out for a sail the day before the wedding. Jamestown is an island so we sailed around the Narragansett Bay between Jamestown and Newport.
Mom: "I'm a sailor! I sail!"
We sailed around for awhile and then got lunch downtown and walked around the town:
fancy schmancy fire stations
Mom, Aunt Jeanne and I went to Newport and walked on the coast walk by fancy old expensive houses
It wasn't exactly how I remember it as a kid, but it was still beautiful and a good walk!

5 comments:

  1. Any boxes of Red River to mail to Colorado??

    They've got to sell it on Amazon or something..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only bought one box, it was almost $5 (5 American dollars!!). Amazon says: "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available."

      Looks like you're back to counting the ratio of wheat/rye/flax grains ;)

      Delete
  2. Ask and you shall receive:
    http://www.amazon.com/Red-River-Original-Natural-16-Ounce/dp/B001SAUIT4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349716766&sr=8-1&keywords=red+river+cereal

    But unfortunately they're not currently shipping it, probably due to the issue you mentioned. I signed up to be notified when they ship it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to hit "publish" and looks like you found the same thing in the meantime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great trip, so gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete