Thursday, January 29, 2015

marriages need Jesus

We have several people we know right now going through absolutely the lowest lows of marriage, and our hearts are breaking for them. It feels really helpless to just sit there and watch people singlehandedly destroying their life and their spouse and family. I know God is the only one that can bring true change and redemption of these marriages. Oh how I hope these people will open their eyes to Him. We have been praying and I sent one friend some Bible verses that really helped me when I felt alone, scared, and so unsure about the future.
Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. Psalm 23:4
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. Isaiah 43:2
When my spirit grows faint within me, it is you who watch over my way. Psalm 142:3a
The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. Deuteronomy 33:27a
I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live. Psalm 116:1-2
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phillipians 4:6-7
Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him. Psalm 34:8
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment