Monday, January 5, 2015

2015

Happy New Year!
A new year, time for some new ideas and goals. And time to reflect back on 2014. What a big year it was for me! It's so neat to be able to look back and see all that God did.
My goals for 2014 were:
- graduate nursing school - YES!!
- pass N-CLEX - YES!!
- get full-time nursing job - nope, not yet
- take an awesome trip this summer - YES!! Florida, Colorado, and Hawaii!
- read an investing book - nope
- make healthy relationship decisions - YES!! married the nicest guy I've ever met!
For 2015 I don't have very many concrete goals in mind actually right now, but Doug and I do have ideas and plans for this year.
This is what I've got:
- get a full-time nursing job
- start a RN -> BSN program by the end of the year
- read that dang investing book! (and learn more about savings/retirement)
- we'd like to do a bathroom remodel, maybe attempt part of it ourselves?
- pick a church, Doug and I are doing a half-and-half scenario, and neither of us want to do that forever
- I keep thinking about group exercise certifications, and I saw a program for group exercise for senior citizens, and I've been thinking about this. I really do like that population and believe in fitness. I'm not sure the class times will work with whatever work schedule I get.. but I'm thinking about this
- another big trip for 2015! Ideally I'd like to do one US trip (and/or family visit) and one passport stamp a year, but we'll see. Doug only has 2 weeks vacation time all year, and I'll probably not get much more.
We'll see what else God has for 2015, I'm excited for it!

3 comments:

  1. 2014 was a really good year for you! Love it!!! Cheers to 2015!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of great goals for 2014... I need some good ones for 2015.
    Have you and Doug done Dave Ramsey Financial Peace class? Would be a great one to do together. And one of the chapters is on savings, retirement, etc. Probably recommends good resources in that chapter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we've each done it separately. but yeah, i have that book, should be reading now with all this time I have!

      Delete