Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial weekend

what a wonderful weekend. I had the whole weekend off and it was glorious.
Friday night we had a going-away get together dinner for our doctor friend Josh who is moving to start his residency. It was fun to catch up with friends and celebrate Josh and his accomplishments.
Saturday I was looking in the fridge not knowing what to eat for breakfast when Jill suggested we go out. And we ended up having a very nice roommate (friends!) day that we don't get often enough. We walked downtown to a little cafe where Jill got the Michigan pancakes (with dried cherries, walnuts, and carmelized apple topping- yum!) and I got a chicken salad sandwich, also tasty. Later at the condo I was saying I needed to go to JoAnn's for something for my craft and was saying I didn't want to, and Jill asked if it would help if she came too. Why yes it would! So we went off to Kohl's, Ulta, and JoAnn's. Then I spent a little time crafting. I went out to dinner with my parents and cousin Amy who was in town, and then came back to (re)watch Frozen with Jill. I love little Olaf, he's so funny.
Sunday Jill and I got up early and headed up to her grandma's house on the lake.
We went out on the lake and sped around with the wind in our hair (and Beck's fur).
It was a perfect day. I laid out and read my book club book, we had good food, and later went out for a tube ride which was really fun. You know you have a true bosom buddy friend when they give you their used eye makeup remover cotton ball so you can use it too, and you can uninhibitedly compare your sunburnt butts. Then we ended the night getting icecream and their local icecream place and I got my favorite icecream Eskimo Kisses, and drove back.
Monday I went up to my parents, my cousin Amy was in town again and we took our bikes to the trail and went on a 14 mile bike ride. It was nice. Then came home, grilled up some burgers, and relaxed. I stayed to watch the Bachelorette with mom. Not the episode to watch with one's more conservative mother. The Bachelorette was making her guys strip down and dance for charity. So of course mom had been working on her computer, and that was when she came in to start watching, awkward! haha
But it was a very nice weekend.
Doug had been up at the Pictured Rocks with his buddies and he sent me this pic:
I thought it was both sweet, but also disgraceful of his national landmark defacing, but he assured me it was just drawn on with a charcoal brisket, so I felt better :)
And today back to work. When I got home I opened a letter to find (another) summons to jury duty. So now I have circuit court jury duty July 7, and federal court jury duty July 14. Is that even fair?!? I was wishing I had never thought to myself 'oh cool, I hope I get called for jury duty someday'. Be careful what you wish for!

1 comment:

  1. What a nice weekend!!! The lake looks AMAZING!!! Glad Fri was fun, bummed we missed out! And booo on the jury duty, I got called back to back like that and it is annoying!

    ReplyDelete