Wednesday, February 27, 2013

cars and coupons

So another thing I miss about my saturn - snow donuts!! This car has things like anti-lock brakes, traction control, and snow tires- which put a serious damper on my parking lot fun. We have an amazingly large parking lot at work that gets some "snowy conditions practicing" from a certain worker as she leaves the lot.
I've completed my first hospital rotation! Woohoo! So today I have some time to do stuff like make granola, bake muffins, read my book club book, and go to the doctor, before I go to Bible study tonight. We are starting a video series for Easter and I'm really excited about it. The lady in charge was talking about it last week and said she was supposed to preview just the first video but it was so good she said she watched the first one, then another, then another, until she watched them all. So I am really intrigued after that review.
I stopped and got some groceries after school today, and by no means am I one of those excessive coupon people, but I found good deals:
All this stuff for $18.50. My receipt said i saved $23. I can't believe it would have been $41 regularly, what do I look like a millionaire?? And good for you Meijer for your no high fructose corn syrup ketchup.
Another future house must have would be one of those big freezers. We always had one growing up and mom would make jam and freeze a lot of her garden veggies. I love putting stuff in the freezer for quick lunches and keeping stuff from getting moldy. To make a joke at my sister's expense: let's hear it for freezers! ;)

4 comments:

  1. Way to go on grocery shopping savings! I love when I save a good amount, woohoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha at the joke from Eliz... what was the original?

    p.s. Michelle and I got a chest freezer for the garage and we love it! That plus Sam's Club membership can save a lot in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you forgot: "let's hear it for cards!!!" ???

      Delete
  3. Lol, the other day too I randomly had remembered that card phrase too! Oh annie, such a ham ;) joel, it had come about when we were playing a game and I said its amazing how much cards go thru :)

    ReplyDelete