Monday, February 22, 2016

shower, food, and living room update

This weekend my friend had her baby shower. It was fun to celebrate this exciting event in her life and to help her get ready for her new baby. I got her some stuff off her registry and made her a couple things:
a little brown bear hat
baby bib
Cooking this week I tried a new dish.
Used the spiralizer again for zucchini noodles, and made breadcrumbs
The recipe I mostly followed, but didn't have cream so I made the sauce with tomato sauce and a jar of light alfredo sauce. It was really good. We had leftovers and it was really saucey so tonight I am going to have it again over gnocchi. Mmmmm.
I had also gotten these new spring towels
:)
So Doug and I had been talking awhile about getting a new couch. We were using the futon my parents gave us when we got married.
Here was the before. Perfectly adequate, and I actually liked the futon, altho Doug thought it was uncomfortable.
Our new couch from Art Van. It's ok, I can't believe how expensive furniture is. We went with the low end of the selection because we will probably only be in this house 4 more years or so. But even the lower end is still a lot of money.
And here it is with a new rug, swapped out lamps, and a little wall art. World map, classic.
And the opposite view into the den/bonus room/second living room, whatever that room is!!
Doug even said the other day, "I have to admit it's looking nicer around here", I'll take it!

4 comments:

  1. I love it! Both rooms look so good, but the white shag rug really compliments it well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the couch with the white rug!!!! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Btw, thank you sooo much for coming Saturday!You made those things?!? They're adorable! When does your Etsy shop open?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, I didn't even know you read this, good thing I didn't post about your gifts before the shower! haha

      Delete