Thursday, February 20, 2014

Church and Food

I wish I had more time for blogging, I like it. And now all my posts just turn into randomness instead of a nice theme... oh well.
Last week I went to Doug's church, he's been to mine several times so it was time. He'd warned me that they are a little more 'expressive', but I totally loved it. The singing worship part was almost an hour long, and if you're like me, that's a good thing. It reminded me of InterVarsity days where we would just sing and feel how the Spirit led and not be on a strict time crunch. Songs that I've heard and sung before, but that morning it really struck me and I cried at least two different times. We sang Your Love Never Fails and these words mean so much to me now after the last few years I've been through "There may be pain in the night but joy comes in the morning", "And when the oceans rage, I don't have to be afraid, because I know that You love me, Your love never fails", "You make, all things, work together for my good." I just found myself crying in thankfulness and awe about how good God has been to me, and after a year and more of painful days and nights, I can truly see that He has worked all things together for my good and I feel joy once again.
Next we sang this song that I completely love for like 20 minutes, haha. It has such great words too, and I cried again singing these words "My God is Awesome, He can move mountains, Keep me in the valley, Hide me from the rain. My God is Awesome, Heals me when I'm broken, Strength where I've been weakened, Praise His Holy Name." Once again I just felt so humbled by how good God is, He hid me in the shadow of His wings, and He healed my broken heart. I'm so thankful.
So yeah, it was really good.
After church we went up to my parents for lunch and sledding. I'll spare you the picture of Doug's nosehair-sicles, haha. And even under mom's tutalage, I failed yet again trying to start an IV :(
Monday I watched the Bachelor with my friend Liz and she made me a super good stirfry.
I made my own later in the week, not like Liz's, but the sauce was actually pretty good, I was proud of myself.
So then I've been getting ready for today's exam. I was cursing myself because here I was home alone in a quiet house and instead of studying I kept reading blogs and, of course, baking cookies
I keep making this recipe for vegan chocolate chip cookies, which somehow I'm telling myself are 'healthy', but they still have sugar, white flour and oil. So I don't know what I'm thinking. But they are tasty.
Then I finally got down to studying
It must have been enough because I got 94%, but I just need to be more efficient with my time.
And, a heating update: I called the landlord guy that day, he came and said the valve thing was sticking but he could see it was working. So for 2 days it was back to an appropriate temperature and no creaks! But then the heat started creeping back up. So I called again and he said he was going to get the guy out here to replace the pipe/valve in the basement, and today I see
And now the heat is set at 70 and it is 70 in here! And hopefully the creaks will be a thing of the past.

1 comment:

  1. YAY for the heat being fixed! :) And I adore those two worship songs, they made me emotional just reading the lyrics!! SO GOOD!
    Can't wait to see you tonight!!

    ReplyDelete