Monday, February 10, 2014

Weekend Update

I have successfully passed Med Surg 2, part 1. With a B. I'll take it! Again I sat in class this morning imagining moving to my parents and re-evaluating my life after I failed out of nursing school. At least 4 or 5 questions I had absolutely no idea on, but I ended up passing. Yay! So on to Med Surg 2, part 2. Some of this weekend was studying, some was desperately trying to study, I felt like this a lot of the weekend:
I set aside the majority of Sunday afternoon to study, but it just took forever to get into it. Finally I did though, and was feeling pretty ready and good until I started the test. Anyway. Done. Moving on!
This weekend while I was working, Doug was doing something way more cool. He'd asked me if I wanted to go, and I said no, but now I'm regretting it, it looked awesome!
I guess Michigan has the only iceclimbing place in the country, how awesome! I definitely want to go. But not as a stepping stone to this:
That's just craziness. Strap yourself to a tree at the top, and down off the cliff you go? No thank you.
I've been cooking a bit more
yay! cheap Brussel sprouts from Kroger, roasted up with olive oil, S & P
(Joel, is that right? 'Brussels Sprouts'??)
made a little sauce of mayo, mustard, and honey (the one my grandma used to make was better)
dinner with a side of mashed potatoes, mmmm
Today made a pot of chili
On Friday night the friend where Doug and I re-met, hosted a Fiesta Friday taco night. I brought these Boca Negra Mini Cakes.
Whisking everything together
Not the prettiest things, but tasty and a kick of spice. The dinner was fun, we feasted, we fiestaed.
And lastly, notice anything wrong with this coupon?
rrrrrrr! Surely you had a non-Greek photo option Meijer. False advertising!

3 comments:

  1. Well, I'll be... it *is* Brussels, named after the city Brussels, Belgium.
    Who know..

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are making brussels sprouts tonight with dinner, yum!

    ReplyDelete