Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Yet Another Weekend Wedding

One more wedding down, one more to go! The next one will be in October. I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to go yet, it's on the east coast, but I've always wanted to go to as many cousin weddings as I could, so I'm going to try.
This wedding was my cousin Theresa to her now husband Nik.
The wedding was up north and the reception was held at this llama farm, her sister got married there 2 years before. It was such a beautiful place.
This wedding was one of the most fun weddings I've been to in awhile (no offense other weddings I've been to!) The reason was that they did contradancing at this wedding! Most people haven't heard of contradancing. Its pretty much defined as partnered folk dancing. Anyway, it is a lot of fun. Here's a video I found on youtube.
These pictures don't do justice for the amount of fun that was had by all. We were a dirty, sweaty, happy mess.
Another good wedding, another good time with my family. I think each visit has been reassuring me that I'm not some horrible failure or black sheep. My counselor reminds me too that people know me and what I'm about. This ceremony wasn't without tears though. They sang the Great is Thy Faithfulness song, gets me every time! I do still miss Andrew and of course am still sad about us, but this time at least, I think I was crying because I am just so thankful for how God has been with me and provided for me this whole time.
I love these verses:
Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!
Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!
Psalm 34: 7-8 "The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them. Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him."

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I want do go contradancing!!! That looks like so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete