Friday, June 27, 2014

the wedding stress begins!

As much as I am looking forward to marrying Doug, I was not excited to plan a wedding again! Stan has been using Bible verses in our counseling lately and one of them is 2 Cor. 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. Stan has been using it to remind me that this is NEW. New man, new wedding, new marriage, new life together. It's been good. And I have a bit of a different perspective now on the whole wedding thing, I do want to plan a nice evening for our friends to celebrate our joy with us, but it is one day. It's not going to win any "epic wedding" award, and not going to be featured in a magazine, I just hope people have a good time, I get some good pics for an album, and Doug and I can officially start our lives together.
I am a pretty good planner and organizer, but it is frustrating waiting on people to get back to me after calls and emails. It ends up taking more time than it should. But we are getting close to a date, finally!
Let me just say again how much I love Doug. He makes life fun. We went to Lowe's last night, we are going to paint the bedroom we will be sharing soon. The cashier lady had some grout or something on her arm that another cashier put on her for fun and Doug makes a joke how I'm about to be a nurse and I can take care of her if she needs me to. Then we start talking and find out she's in nursing school and had a nice chat. And then the paint man he was joking with him and offering him pizza to come over and paint for us. He makes people feel good. I really like that. I would have just came and went, but he takes an interest in people. He's great. So anyway, I am excited too for our nest to be feathered up a little bit. Man oh man is paint expensive! I think we'll just do the one room, the rest of the house is a nice creamy beige and I really like it actually, it makes the house seem airy and roomy. But soon our future bedroom will be a beautiful light dreamy gray-blue, or 'shark loop' color.
And here were my souvineers from Florida I forgot to post:
2 new magnets for my collection, a pressed penny from the Kennedy Space Center, and Doug got this quarter back in some change for my America commemorative quarter collection, yay!

3 comments:

  1. Doug is a great guy, you guys are so good together! The gray/blue sounds so pretty and peaceful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne! My name is Cameron Von St. James and I had a quick question for you & was wondering if you could please email me when you have a free moment. Thanks! I really hope to hear from you soon and appreciate you taking the time. ☺ cvonstjames AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, I forgot to get your quarter from you! Mail plz? :)
    --bro

    p.s. Let's say the $0.25 + $0.44 for postage equals my overtexting fees? ;)

    ReplyDelete