Friday, March 22, 2013

birthday cards

Honestly I am a dollar tree card kinda girl. I don't like spending a lot of money on something most people just throw away. But every once in awhile I get a good idea and then I like to make a card.
My favorite one ever was the one I made last year for Andrew's birthday. It was after he'd said he wanted a divorce, but I was still hoping he wouldn't actually file. In the midst of all that, he had a birthday. I got him some presents, made an ice-cream cake, his favorite dinner that he didn't even eat, and made a card. It was based on a you tube dog video I found hilarious. But he opened it when I wasn't there and when I texted him to ask if he laughed- he never wrote back. I'm sure he did, not to pat myself on the back too much, but it was a good one. But half the best part about a funny card is watching them open it.
Anyway, last weekend on Liz's birthday I got to watch her open this gem- based off our recent ogling over Josh Duhmel in that movie we watched together
(that face is CLEARLY a makeout face, not an about to barf face)
She laughed :)

4 comments:

  1. I love this card, HILARIOUS! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! I'm sure she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious!!! My birthday is in a few weeks, wink wink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahaa
    I wish I could see your take on the dog one from Andrew's card...

    I really like how you and Eliz make funny cards still. I don't have it in me to do that anymore!

    ReplyDelete