Wednesday, October 5, 2016

38 weeks and life lately

Weight gained: Same, 18 lbs.
How I'm feeling: Good, excited to meet baby boy. At my appointment yesterday the midwife said the plan is 39 weeks: check internal progress, 40 weeks: ultrasound, 41.5 weeks: induction. So praying he decides to come on his own! Doug said I'm still walking normal vs. waddling so I still don't think he's dropped yet. Not sure what that really means, reading first time moms usually "drop" a week or two before labor. Maybe he's still cozy in there.
Cravings: Fruit still. Enjoying fresh pineapple and making a big batch of crockpot applesauce from a bunch of the apples we got last weekend.
Nesting: My craft desk is almost done being painted, so the mudroom will be complete. Ordered the last batch (for now) of baby stuff: all his cloth diaper inserts and the Owlet sock. Oh my gosh baby stuff is so expensive. Still trying to borrow a co-sleeper from friends for the first few weeks or so. We both have the carseat bases set up in our cars and the hospital suitcase is like 90% packed and ready to go.
Prep: Still reading, attending a couple extra hypnobirth classes last and this weekend, trying to "relax", and taking tons of supplements.
everything I take everyday, isn't that crazy?!?
All the drinks for the hospital cooler. My plan is to "re-bacterialize" with probiotics since I have to take the antibiotics during labor. Normally I hate Kombucha and stuff like that, but those Kevita probiotic drinks are even kinda tasty.
Working on some craft projects for gifts:
Monogram kitchen towels for housewarming. (imagine it right-side-up)
Flower headbands for baby girls
That's about it, enjoying our last weeks as a family of 3.

4 comments:

  1. September looks so big in this picture!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pregnancy sympathy weight?? jk, think she's still 8lbs normal cat weight

      Delete
  2. Lol! First off, you look amazing.i think I was up 18lbs by week 10 ! Second, she just looks big! Not fat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting so close! I didn't know you were doing probiotics otherwise I could have sent some of my water kefir grains back with mom and dad for you to start a batch :( it tastes so much better than kombucha and I get 6-7 bottles out of it a week for practically pennies. Lemme know if u want the link

    ReplyDelete