Monday, January 25, 2016

weekend update

Loving these 3 day weekends.
Friday Doug and I went down to the auto show with Matt and Rachel and their baby. It was kinda cool, I hadn't been in years!
Then we went over to their house and talked while Rachel made us dinner. Super good vegetarian food and a fantastic vegan chocolate hazelnut torte for dessert. Then we played games. Fun evening.
Saturday was pretty busy. We went and got my ring appraised and Doug joined me on a quest for bedroom curtains. Seems getting window curtains is just as hard as finding a shower curtain! I have an idea of what I'd like, the problem is I just can't find it anywhere. Doug does not enjoy shopping, but he came along with me to Meijer, TJMaxx, Homegoods, Pier 1, and Kohls, what a trooper! And we ended up just buying him some more socks. Haha. I ordered some online last night from Kohls, so we'll see. I don't have the energy to go back and forth to store after store.
We also are trying to sell my old ring, and made a craigslist ad. If anyone knows anyone getting engaged and wants a good deal let me know!
Then Saturday evening a couple of Doug's friends came over, we made popcorn and had dessert and played Scene It and Scattergories. It was fun.
Sunday was church and then home to relax for a bit. Then my parents came over, we went to the park behind our house and walked the trails for an hour and a half, then they came back over and we grilled hamburgers, and had salad and potatoes.
After they left, Doug was looking at some youtubes about preparing for 'the crash of 2016' and I found Bridesmaids playing on tv, so funny, it was a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment