Thursday, May 14, 2015

week in review

Last weekend Doug and I went up to my parent's for their spring choir concert. Afterwards they had friends over so we went for visiting and yummy snacks. While we were there we got 9-10 tubs out of my parent's attic that I have been storing there for 10 odd years.
Thanks to my hoarding tendencies and the generosity of the families I used to babysit for (they gave me their kids grown-out-of clothes for my 'future baby').... which obviously does not yet exist. So anyway, it was time to give mom and dad their attic back. On my day off I organized all the tubs to boys and girl's stuff and by ages. I pretty much have stuff until a girl is 7 years old, and a boy is 9. Geez!
Somehow a couple other things got into my bins. One was my old lovey. As soon as I pulled it out my dad goes "oh, it's Bun-Bun". Good memory dad!
And this baby book that I made for my dolls
What do I do with this stuff?!? It seems sad to throw it away, but also possibly explains the hoarding...
I also made a delicious rhubarb compote from rhubarb from mom's garden (Doug didn't like)
Quite delicious on vanilla icecream
This adventure cat has taken to hanging out on our neighbor's roof, I hope he's cool with that
I worked in the yard a little while today. Planted my new lilac bush and getting the blocks ready for sunflowers and snap peas. It is a beautiful day out but I just feel so overwhelmed looking at all the work.
Our grass is about a foot high and such a weed fest. 3 parts weeds to 1 part grass practically. The deck looks super white trash with that awful plastic furniture. Although Doug's mom picked up a patio table for us and we used the last of our Bed, Bath and Beyond wedding gift cards for some nice new chairs. We have to wait for a few days in a row of dry weather (and days off work for me) but we plan to paint the deck. It seems really involved with power washing, sanding, and then finally painting. After all that is done hopefully things will start looking a little better. I actually wish we had a little more sun on our deck and in the yard, but the trade off is we have a couple nice big mature trees. Win some, lose some I guess!

1 comment:

  1. 1. A baby book for your dolls?! You are going to be such an amazing mom someday! :)
    2. Please keep me updated on the painting of the deck because we need to do that soon.

    ReplyDelete