Friday, May 25, 2012

the show must go on

With everything going on, it seems stupid to go back to blogging about food, and books, etc. I know my blog is called 'Anne's Everyday Life', but honestly everyday life isn't that great right now. It's been really hard. Last weekend I had lunch with my parents and I remember my dad telling me he hoped I could get to a place again where I feel joy and happiness, regardless if I get married again someday or what happens to me in that area. I wholeheartedly agree and want that as well. I have had times of happiness despite everything going on, and I do have hope for the future, but mostly right now I just feel pretty low.
But I feel more hopeful than before, so that's good.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18 So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
1 Corinthians 15:19 If in Christ we have hope in this life only, we are of all people most to be pitied.
And God puts me in my place again :)
So my already low posts will probably stay low, but when there is something I want to share, I will.
The other night I hosted book club. We have been reading an AMAZING book:
It's a story of a young Christian woman in the Roman times. The story of her life and faith and ministry. I loved it and cried several times. The second book in the series, Echoes in the Darkness, was amazing as well.
For dinner I made manicotti crepes. This recipie went right into the trash after I made it. It was so time consuming and not even that great. I had it at a girl's weekend I went to, and it was so much better there. I don't know why.
You had to make your own sauce, mine burnt to the bottom and then tasted burned. I spilled my olive oil all over the top of the stove, and a giant magma hot puddle of sauce splashed onto my hand when I was stirring and burned me. There is still a blister on my hand days later!
I had to soak my hand in the cold water of my thawing dinner (because Andrew took the microwave) and continued to make like 15 crepes, one at a time, one-handedly.
My lovely friends still told me it was good, and we had a good time anyway. And the dessert was good.
I'm thankful to have good people in my life to shares the ups and downs.

2 comments:

  1. OUCH! You poor thing, that must have hurt! I sliced my finger open yesterday opening a can of black beans and then I accidently used Peach salsa instead of regular in my Mex Casserole and it was so gross we threw it away too. Hate when that happens!!!

    It's funny that your dad said that to you because that has been my prayer for you lately! I know life is been tough, but you have been so incredibly strong and I love you friend!

    Ok we need to get together ASAP!!! I have a microwave that needs a new home!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like you have a right and a time to grieve and be low right now. I love those verses and I love that you're going to God with everything going on.

    I LOVE the Mark of the Lion series! It's so wonderful! I never read the third, but I still want to.

    ReplyDelete